Saturday, October 16, 2010

Welcome!

In case you haven’t noticed, there are a lot of cooking blogs out there.

I don’t profess to be any sort of professional. My culinary philosophy consists of do-what-sounds-good-and-hope-it-works-out. Most of the recipes I use I have found on the internet, and I modify just about every recipe I ever use while I am using it.

I was blessed with a mother who taught me all of the essentials, as well as how to appreciate and understand good food. I was blessed with a father who taught me to enjoy exotic flavors, and that the sauce is the money. I was also blessed with a tolerant husband who can simultaneously act as food critic, garbage disposal, and cheerleader.

For me, cooking and eating is about enjoyment and fun. That being said, I have already had one child, and my eating habits and leftover baby weight have wreaked havoc on my body. I contemplated making this blog a “journey from fat to fit” type of blog. But that just held no excitement for me, nor do I think others really want to read about my constant, daily battles, trying to reconcile weight loss and enjoyable eating.

Bottom line: this is a cooking blog. Just your run-of-the-mill, stay-at-home-mom-turned-amateur-chef, fat-foodie-fights-fitness cooking blog. I hope you enjoy it and come back often. Please comment if you have thoughts - I would love to hear from every one of you, and any advice or help is welcomed. Until then, I’ll just be cooking, licking my fingers, washing my hands, cooking, licking my fingers, washing my hands, cooking, licking my fingers…..

No comments:

Post a Comment